"Professional qualification" is a title which grants authorization for the practice of a certain profession in the country where it has been issued.
Services which in Italy are conditional upon the possession of a professional qualification may be performed as cross-border service provision, by providers who can lawfully perform the same activity in the Member State where they are established. When the service provider first moves from another Member State into the national territory in order to provide cross-border services which are regulated in Italy, he shall inform the competent Italian authority in a written declaration to be made in advance.
Establishment in Italy for the purpose of practicing a regulated profession requires recognition of the professional qualification by the competent Italian authority.
More information on regulated professions can be found on the website of the Italian Assistance Centre for professional qualifications of the Department for European Policies. Some of this information (in Italian) is available at the following links:
- Ministry of Culture and Tourism
- Information Centre on Academic Mobility and Equivalence- professions in Architecture
- Ministry of Education, Universities and Research - Teaching professions
- Ministry of Justice
- Ministry of Labour and Social Policies
- Ministry of Economic Development
- Autonomous Province of Bolzano - for residents
- Ministry of Health
- Italian National Olympic Committee