"Professional qualification" is a title which grants authorization for the practice of a certain profession in the country where it has been issued.
Services which in Italy are conditional upon the possession of a professional qualification may be performed as cross-border service provision, by providers who can lawfully perform the same activity in the Member State where they are established. When the service provider first moves from another Member State into the national territory in order to provide cross-border services which are regulated in Italy, he shall inform the competent Italian authority in a written declaration to be made in advance.
Establishment in Italy for the purpose of practicing a regulated profession requires recognition of the professional qualification by the competent Italian authority.
Much information about regulated professions in Italy is contained in the Regulated professions database of the European Commission.
Additional information (in Italian) can be found on the website of the Italian Help Centre for professional qualifications of the Department for European Policies. This information includes the following:
- list of regulated professions and competent authorities (in Italian)
- recognition of professional qualifications
- freedom of establishment (in Italian)
- cross-border provision of services (in Italian)
- language requirements (in Italian)
- list of the professions for which a European Professional Card is available (in Italian)
- how to appeal decisions of competent authorities (in Italian)
- assistance centre (in Italian)
Last updated: 13/06/2019