Frequently asked questions about doing business in Italy Frequently asked questions about doing business in Italy


Q: I work in France as installer of electric equipment. Can I move to Italy in order to practice the same activity?

A: In Italy installer of electric equipment is a regulated profession. The Ministerial Decree n. 37/2008 describes the requirements that an installer must fulfil. Article 4 of the D.M. lays down the professional qualifications which shall be complied with by the individual entrepreneur or by the legal representative of the company or by the technical project coordinator.

The activity may be performed in Italy by an installer which holds the relevant professional qualification in the EU country of establishment. In order to establish in Italy, it is necessary to obtain the recognition of the professional qualification from the competent authority.

The list of regulated professions and competent authorities in Italy is available at the following webpages:
Regulated professions by country
Elenco professioni regolamentate (in Italian)



one-on-one assistance (email)

Last updated: 24/01/2017